PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR AN ANNUAL STREET PARKING PERMIT
REQUIREMENTS FOR ON STREET PARKING EVERY YEAR
- On-Street Parking requires a permit and is restricted to specific streets with a sign THAT SAYS: “PERMIT REQUIRED TO PARK”. This sign is white with green writing. Alternate side of the street parking is also required during the hours of 2am - 6am with the permit. If you do not have a valid permit to park overnight on the street and or you do not abide by the alternate side of the street parking rules your vehicle will be ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner's expense.
- Permit holder accepts the responsibility to know and abide by all parking regulations of the City of East Orange. The permit holder understands and accepts that you are parking at your own risk overnight on the street, and that the East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for any theft or damage that may occur to your vehicle while it is parked overnight on the street.
- Affidavit not needed for Return Permit Holders who bring a current permit receipt or current hangtag at time of new purchase. New residents or Return Permit holders who have moved to a new East Orange address must obtain an affidavit from the East Orange Parking Authority via our website www.eastorangeparkingauthority.org (form can be downloaded and printed out) or in person at 60 Evergreen Place, Suite 503, East Orange, NJ 07018. This form must be signed and notarized by the Property Owner or Building Manager. Please present a business card or letter head stating that the person completing the affidavit works for the management company. A letter must also be done if the property owner is an LLC.
- Proof of residency shall consist of a valid New Jersey driver’s license reflecting the vehicle owner’s current residency within the City of East Orange, a valid New Jersey motor vehicle registration for which the permit is being sought showing the vehicle owners current address within the City of East Orange and valid proof of automobile insurance. A post office box number shall not be deemed proof of residency. In the case of a vehicle claimed to be leased and used by a resident of the City of East Orange a valid vehicle registration, proof of insurance and a copy of the automobile lease shall be presented showing the resident has control over the vehicle.
- The fee for an Annual Street Parking permit is $150.00 per year for the first vehicle registered with the respective property, $100.00 per year for the second vehicle registered with the respective property, and $75.00 for each subsequent vehicle registered with the respective property. All fees are required to be paid by money order made payable to the East Orange Parking Authority if applying in person, or by debit/credit card if applying online. Permit fees are not refundable
- If applying online you must enter the exact plate number of every vehicle you wish to purchase a permit for on the permit application. Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being ticketed and or towed off the street at the vehicle owner's expense. The East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for any errors or omissions made by the person purchasing the permit when filling out the Permit application.
- If applying online you can provide the East Orange Parking Authority the mandatory documents listed above in number 3, and number 4 Via fax at (973) 672-7475, email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or provide them when you pick up your hang tag in person at the East Orange Parking Authority office located at 60 evergreen place Suite 503, East Orange, New Jersey. All hang tags must be displayed immediately upon receipt. The permit is not valid and you may not park overnight on the street without being ticketed and towed unless the Hang Tag is displayed on the review mirror of the vehicle for which the hang tag is purchased. Reminder you must provide the East Orange Parking Authority all mandatory documents in order to receive your hangtag(s).
- If you are purchasing a permit for more than one vehicle online please make sure you fill out the Permit application that is designated for the amount of cars you are purchasing a permit for, and enter license plate numbers for each vehicle in the designated area on the Permit application. Failure to list the license plate number for each vehicle will result in your vehicle being ticketed and or towed at the vehicle owner's expense.
- Overnight parking is not permitted for commercial vehicles.
- Hang Tags must be hung from the Rear view Mirror with the permit hang tag number, year, and East Orange Parking Authority Logo facing the front windshield in order for the permit to be valid. The Hang Tag is only valid for the vehicle it has been registered with the East Orange Parking Authority for.
PLEASE CALL 973 672-1116 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ANNUAL OVERNIGHT STREET PERMITS.
If you have questions about temporary, day by day, visitor, and medical Overnight street parking permits please contact the licensing department at 973 266-5159. They are located at 44 City Hall Plaza East Orange, New Jersey, 07019. The parking authority does not sell these types of Permits.
Starting December 8, 2015, 2016 and future Annual Overnight Street Parking Permits may be purchased at the East Orange Parking Authority office located at 60 Evergreen Place, Suite 503, East Orange, NJ during the following hours:
Monday,Wednesday, and Friday from 10am-5pm
Tuesday and Thursday from 10am-6pm
Every other Saturday 10am-12pm Call the day before to confirm. 973 672-1116
WE EXCEPT MONEY ORDERS ONLY made out to the East Orange Parking
Authority. NO CASH, NO CHECKS, NO EXCEPTIONS