1. You must have a valid overnight street parking permit in order to park your vehicle overnight on designated Overnight Permit Parking Streets ONLY in East Orange. THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT PARKING ON ANY OTHER STREETS. (A list of Overnight Permit Parking Streets can be found in the Overnight Street Parking Permit section of the website. (PERMIT IS VALID FROM 2 AM TO 6 AM ONLY) FOR DAYTIME PARKING YOU MUST ADHERE TO ANY PARKING RULES INDICATED ON STREET SIGNS.
(OVERNIGHT PARKING OF COMMERCIAL VEHICLES ON THE STREET AND IN EAST ORANGE MUNICIPAL LOTS IS PROHIBITED) VIOLATORS WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWED AT THE VEHICLE OWNER’S EXPENSE.
2. In order to purchase an Annual Overnight Street Parking Permit, you must be a resident of East Orange. An affidavit is not needed for Return Permit Holders who upload a most recent hangtag at the time of new purchase. New residents or Return Permit holders who have moved to a new East Orange address must have your landlord or the Management Company of your residence sign an affidavit. They must have the affidavit notarized stating that they do not have available parking for you. You can find and download the affidavit form in the Overnight Street Parking Permit section of the website.
You must upload the most current hangtag, completed notarized affidavit (if you don’t have a most current hangtag), driver’s license with your name and East Orange Address, vehicle registration with the same address as the license, and valid insurance for the vehicle(s) you are buying the permit for. You will be directed to our online permit application process after you agree to these terms and conditions. If the street you select is not available you can select another street in your ward to park on (YOU CAN ONLY PARK OVERNIGHT ON AUTHORIZED STREETS IN THE WARD(S) INDICATED ON YOUR PERMIT) YOUR PERMIT IS NOT VALID IN ANY OTHER WARD.) Once you complete the application it will be reviewed within 2 to 3 business days by EOPA staff. An email will be sent to the email you provide approving your application to proceed with payment or requesting additional information. Once your purchase is complete YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE TEMPORARY PERMIT AND PLACE IT ON YOUR DASHBOARD TO AVOID BEING TICKETED AND OR TOWED at the vehicle owner’s expense. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR PERMANENT HANG TAG VIA US POSTAL MAIL. PUT THE HANG TAG ON YOUR REARVIEW MIRROR AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT, and before your temporary permit expires (which will be indicated on the temporary permit) to avoid being ticketed and or towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
Overnight Street Parking permits are not prorated, refundable, transferable, and not valid if the Hang Tag is not displayed in your vehicle when parking overnight on the street in East Orange. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Once your permit expires you will need to purchase another overnight street parking permit, and provide the necessary documentation as stated above in order to continue to park overnight on the street without being ticketed, and or towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
Your Overnight Street Parking Permit Hang Tag must be hung and displayed on the rearview mirror, with the Hang Tag number, year Hang Tag is valid for, and the East Orange Parking Authority Logo facing the front windshield when parking on the street overnight. Failure to hang/display the Hang Tag on the rearview mirror as instructed may result in your vehicle being ticketed, and or towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
3. The vehicle you purchase the overnight street parking permit must be operational, registered, and insured at all times in order to be parked overnight on the street. If your vehicle does not meet these requirements it will be ticketed and towed off the street at the vehicle owner’s expense.
4. You may not leave an abandoned vehicle parked on the street at any time. An overnight street parking permit does not allow you to leave your abandoned vehicle on the street. Any abandoned vehicle parked on the street in East Orange will be ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
5. You must adhere to all parking rules, times, and alternate side of the street parking rules indicated on the overnight street parking permit signs that are located on the streets designated for overnight street permit parking. (THERE IS NO PARKING ON ROADS THAT ARE SNOW COVERED) during snow events a list of alternate parking locations in Municipal Lots will be made available via the East Orange Parking Authority and the City of East Orange Website) NOTE!! ALL EAST ORANGE MUNICIPAL LOTS ARE PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE (East Orange Parking Authority and the City of East Orange) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT OR DAMAGE TO ANY VEHICLE PARKED IN EAST ORANGE MUNICIPAL LOTS.
6. When filling out the overnight street parking permit application online you must enter the correct requested information on the application. Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed off the street at the vehicle owner’s expense.
The East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for any ticketing, and or towing resulting from omissions, and or errors made by the person filling out the overnight street parking permit application.
Please review your receipt immediately for any omissions, and or errors.
If you notice any incorrect information on your overnight street parking permit receipt you must notify the East Orange Parking Authority immediately so that corrections can be made. Failure to notify the East Orange Parking Authority of any errors may result in your vehicle being ticketed, and or towed off the street at the vehicle owner’s expense.
7. The East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for negotiating with the tow company regarding the release of your vehicle as a result of any errors, and or omissions made by the person who filled out the overnight street permit parking application.
8. If you park your vehicle overnight on the street, or in an East Orange Municipal Lot you are parking at your own risk. The East Orange Parking Authority, and the City of East Orange are not responsible for any theft, and or damage that may occur to any vehicle while it is parked overnight on the street, or in an East Orange Municipal Lot.
By checking this box and clicking I agree you acknowledge that you have read, fully understand and accept these Overnight Street Parking Terms and Conditions
I disagree I agree