SPECIAL NOTICE: As of December 2, 2021 (THIS INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE)
NOTE: 2020 and 2021 Overnight Street Parking Permits Expired on 12/31/21..
Overnight Street Parking Permits are available for purchase online only via our permit portal. Continue reading below for important parking information, mandatory requirements, and how to apply.
Alternate Side Street Parking rules are in effect will be enforced, and must be followed even if you have a permit to avoid being ticketed and possibly towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. Read all street signs carefully prior to parking.
Existing Permit Holders: Login to the permit portal using your existing login (which should be your email) and your password to purchase an Overnight Street Parking Permit.
If you forgot your user and password you will need to create a new one on the portal and continue to load the mandatory documents. Scroll down and click apply here to be directed to the portal.
First-Time Applicants: Read below for answers to most questions, information regarding parking rules, permit rates, authorized permit parking streets, mandatory documents, application instructions, and to apply for an Overnight Street Parking Permit.
READ BELOW TO PURCHASE AN OVERNIGHT STREET PARKING PERMIT:
You will need to upload the following Mandatory Documents on the permit portal:
1. VALID LICENSE – Should have your East Orange address (if not and you have a NJ License scroll down and refer to Application Instruction #6 for how to change your address online) If you have an out-of-state license, plate, etc. contact NJMVC.GOV about how to change your information to your EO address
2. VALID REGISTRATION – Should be registered to your East Orange Address (if not we will accept the uploaded NJ license address change confirmation)
3. VALID AUTO INSURANCE
4. PROOF OF RESIDENCY: If none of the above mandatory documents have your East Orange address you must also upload the following as proof of residency (upload 1 of the following in addition to your license, registration, and auto insurance):
Valid Lease Agreement
Property Tax Bill and/or Deed
5. SECONDARY PROOF OF RESIDENCY
If you do not have the above Proof Of Residency documents we will accept the following secondary docs :
Documents must be dated within 90 days of your Overnight Permit Parking Application: (must upload at least 2 in addition to your license, registration and auto insurance)
- Correspondence from the Internal Revenue Service
- Bank Statements
- Utility Bills
- Credit Card Statements
PROOF OF DISABILITY – FOR DISABLED PERMITS (scroll down for a list of acceptable documents which should be uploaded in addition to your license, registration, and auto insurance)
PERMIT PRICE CHART / SENIOR / DISABLED RATE AND ACCEPTED PROOF OF DISABILITY DOCUMENTS (CLICK HERE)
TO PURCHASE AN OVERNIGHT STREET PARKING PERMIT / VIEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS, CLICK / Apply Here
No Overnight Parking Streets: There are streets in East Orange where overnight street parking is not allowed. If you park on those streets you may be ticketed and possibly towed even if you have a permit. Please do not park on those streets overnight. The signs on these streets will indicate if overnight parking is not allowed. Read all street signs carefully prior to parking.
AUTHORIZED OVERNIGHT PERMIT PARKING STREETS
Fora list of authorized Overnight Permit Parking Streets Click Here. (All authorized streets should have a sign that reads permit required to park. (Do not park overnight on any streets that do not have those signs) or you may be ticketed and possibly towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
To view a map of nearby streets in your area and to see if those streets are on the Authorized Overnight Permit Parking List as a parking alternative Click Here.
Download PDF (Click Here)