Parking Lot Terms and Conditions
1. You must have a valid overnight lot parking permit to park in the East Orange Parking Authority lots overnight. If you do not have a valid overnight parking permit your vehicle will be ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
2. Overnight lot parking permits are only valid for the month, year, and lot for which they are purchased. Permits are NOT PRORATED and NON-REFUNDABLE.
3. If you park in an East Orange Parking Authority lot you are parking at your own risk. The East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for any theft or damage that may occur to your vehicle while parked in any of our lots.
4. When filling out the overnight lot parking permit application you must type the exact license plate number without spaces or dashes of the vehicle you are purchasing the permit for, and you must select the correct month and Lot for which you wish to park. PERMITS ARE ONLY VALID FOR THE LOT AND MONTH THEY ARE PURCHASED FOR. CUSTOMER CANNOT USE A PERMIT PURCHASED FOR ONE LOT TO PARK IN ANOTHER LOT.
Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
The East Orange Parking Authority is not responsible for errors or omissions made by the person purchasing the permit while filling out the permit application, and will not reimburse the customer for any penalties, towing, permit purchase cost or fees incurred by the customer/vehicle owner as a result of said errors and or omissions.
5. Overnight lot parking permits are non-transferable to any other vehicles without the written permission of the East Orange Parking Authority. Email change request to firstname.lastname@example.org Must include information you are replacing vehicle make and model, license plate number, Lot location and month, and the same information for the replacement vehicle.
6. The vehicle that you are purchasing an overnight lot parking permit for must have a valid New Jersey registration and active insurance in order to park in an East Orange Parking Authority lot, otherwise your vehicle may be ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
7. The East Orange Parking Authority will not negotiate with the towing company for the release of any vehicle that is towed from our lot. If you believe your vehicle has been towed from our lot please call EOPD at (973) 266-5000.
8. Parking of commercial vehicles is strictly prohibited in any of the East Orange Parking Authority lots. Any commercial vehicle parked in an East Orange Parking Authority lot will be ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
9. You must adhere to the authorized parking times of the lot for which you purchased a permit. Failure to adhere to these authorized parking times may result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
10. Check your email permit payment transaction receipt to make sure that your vehicle’s license plate number that you are purchasing the permit for and the month you are purchasing the permit for is correct.
11. All vehicles parked in an East Orange Parking Authority lot must be operational. A permit does not allow you to park an abandoned vehicle/s in the lot. Any non-operational and or abandoned vehicles will be ticketed and towed from the lot at the vehicle owner’s expense. By checking this link you acknowledge that you have read, fully understand, and agree with these (East Orange Parking Authority Overnight Lot Parking Permit terms and conditions.)